Sunday, May 31, 2009

Brisbane, Australia



With last miniute changes to schedule, I was not sure if I could get on the connecting flight from Port Moseby in PNG to Brisbane, Australia. But I was on board. The travel agent did not get the Aussie visa but the lady and the man in the Counter was very helpful. Funny enough the Man started to speak to me in Bangla when he noticed my place of birth in my passport. He was posted in Dhaka in Australian highcomm for 3 years. Small world indeed.







Brisbane, Queensland was very relaxing. The train ride from the airport to Surfer's Paradise was long (1hr 40 min) but when I arrived at the Surfer's paradise station, I knew it was worth it ;) The view from the hotel room was gorgeous, the Pacific Ocean was right out the windows and for the next couple of days, I had an wonderful time that will be in my memory for a long time.







SO WHAT? If I missed "The Train of Life"///
If it is a dream, do not wake me up.






In the Burleigh head the walk and getting lost in the hills, the ocean view from the lookout, lunch at "Oskars" watching the surfers... riding the wave.... made me not to even think about lost luggage, stinky 2 days old clothings and my lost "Bat Sunglasses". And my friend was genourous with time and drove me around town to the Mall to get a haircut and to pick up some toiletries. I was told that I could get a haircut in Goroka but it may make me look like that of Tuna boat's sailor... so I was waiting for 60 some days for the haircut. ...No the haircut in Brisbane did not help much anyway... The princess never kissed me to get me out of my frog curse...LOL LOL LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment