Thursday, April 30, 2009

The flower that touched my heart!

The GOROKA evenings for me are typical, go to the lodge restaurant, make the dinner to go, walk into the dark house, hang out in the porch, listen to the music and have dinner then go to bed. But last night was different.

Lilly takes care of the house and does an excellent job since I have been here. I have only seen her once for a few minutes, short little skinny papua nuguinean lady, you would not be able to guess her age... it could be forty, fifty, sixty...and she does not say much. Dishes are done, picked up, clothes are laundered, ironed hanged, bed is made.. all the mess the empty cups the shoes, books are placed in to the right places, I can feel the meticulous touch around the house everyday (minus the complains!)

Yestarday I left her a note of appreciation and a small token as a thank you. In the evening when I walked into the house and see this two beautiful flowers put in a simple water bottle; and my evening just changed..

The flowers touched my heart.. I do not remember when was the last time I got a flower for a gift.. or a gift that was filled with so much appreciation back. Thank you Lilly. May be you will ever not see this blog but the last evening? I will cherish for ever.





No comments:

Post a Comment